Sunday, 10 October 2010

I'm in Capetown!

Hi Everyone,
Arrived yesterday morning after a good flight. Had the most amazing view of Table Mountain as the plane came into land!
Nigel & Lisa have made me feel very welcome.
Went to Khanyisa Community church this morning. Greeted by lots of warm African smiles. The singing was amazing! What is it about African voices....? I met the lady who runs Izlanda Zethemba. I think I start on Tuesday. A message to the team coming from Kings Arms Church...... It's spring here & the weather can be very changeable so make sure to bring some warm clothes!
Bye for now

3 comments:

Gill said...

Hi Ruthie,
Glad you had a safe trip and you're already enjoying being there. Just got back from Montreal yesterday, conference was excellent and presentation went well. I think we're having an indian summer here in south Devon.
Love Gill

Jill said...

Hey Ruth, Glad to hear that you arrived safely. So, need warm clothes too ehe!
We are really excited about joining you two wks today YAY!!!!
Peter sends his love as do i.
Lots of love Jill xx

MammaMayMiller said...

Glad you got there safely, and glad you've managed to post on here too ;)
Wish I'd been able to sneak into your luggage to be in Cape Town with you, but my turn will come. Missing you...but in a good way (is I like the reason why you're not around, and praying for a deeply enriching time over there...!|)
All my love
xxxx